Thursday, October 5, 2017

BATTLE BORN

                
   

















BATTLE BORN

With so much loss around you,
You do not hang your head and cry,

You are the battle born.
“All for our county”
All for our state,
When we join together,
We fight on,
Until our final battle cry,
Until our final battle cry!

The country sits in AWE,
Sits in awe of us,
Who are we to each other?
These strangers whom we trust....
We call ourselves Nevadans,
We are not just your typical “American”
You and me together, that is all of us.

We are the battle born.

When we come together,
We rise up,
Under unprecedented tragedy,
Coming all together,
Ever stoically,
Stoically,
We are all in this together.
Together you and me!
It’s what makes us stronger,
This is who we are,
Let the entire world see.

Let them see.
Let them see!

Fore when you heard that battle cry,
You answered back,
Battle born ferociously!!

Watch us now as we stand together,
Together, you and me.

We are the battle born.
Hear the resilience and LOVE in our cries!
See the reflection of inner strength within our eyes.

We are those originally born here,
We are those who’s hearts have truly turned to the silver and the blue,
We are those who keep our hearts here,
In this desert city named Las Vegas,
This is not a regular city,
To us, this is our own backyard,
The treasured place we call our HOME.

Battle born.

Together we hold the mountain bluebird at our breast,
Together we hold this silver state above all the rest,

You are the battle born,
You have goodwill in your heart,
Strength in your bones,
Moral character and faith within your inner spirit.

The silver state is my “Home” and HOME means Nevada to me,
We storm on with selfless grace,
While always maintaining our faith,
We will ALWAYS come together, and together means you and me,
Together means you and me!
I proudly call myself Nevadan because HOME means Nevada to me!
Home means Nevada!
Home means Nevada!
Home means Nevada to me!


R.C. Cardenas, 10/03/17

No comments:

Post a Comment