Friday, July 25, 2014

POETRY; I Lie Dying

'I Lie Dying'

The surface rages silently
Cold beneath the floor
Ever needing,
It dies for me,
Slowly,
I scream no more.
Writhing,
I am choking,
I will die for me.
Slowly face down upon the floor,
Oh how my shame cries out for me.
A soul, how it lies bleeding!
Tainted I feel no more
Oh how I wish in vain for thee
Save me from this door!
Once blocked and depraved for me.
Screaming.
Please no more.
I'm dying...
I'm crying!
I am broken you see!?!
You knew I lay stuck upon that floor.
And oh how the depths do weep for me!
Oceans and oceans.
Drowned,
So forlorn,
You took,
You kept,
You trespass against me!
What was sacred and once free.
Now I lie dying.
My soul searches for me!
I will forever lie here,
Never to surface, or be free.
Now you know, my rage!
What has surfaced in me!?
To be FREE!!
To. Be. Free.

R.C. Cardenas
06/27/14

No comments:

Post a Comment