Friday, July 25, 2014

POETRY; Sleepless Nights

"Sleepless Nights"

Sleepless nights so aplenty.
Restless days come, taking.
So many endless days. 
With neither hope for a shining of rays. 
Or even a time with no dismal frays.


Sleepless nights so aplenty.
Restless days come, they take me. 
So many endless days. 
With neither, day after day, after endless day. 
Fills me with dread in an endless way.

Sleepless nights have long since claimed me.
My hopes are all dashed, all I do is await being smashed.
I always have tried, but for naught. 
Terrible dread forever fills me, to the very top. 
Trapped in this abyss. 
Never will I know or have a a hint of any bliss.
Sleepless nights become my norm. 
Following me endlessly. 
Oh, but to mourn. 
To cry out and shutter, as I lost so many dreams.
Denying my soul it's every delight. 
You take and you take.
What is this that I make?

Sleepless nights disrupt my soul.
Consume my being. 

With each and every breathe that I will use. 
Sorrows have long since tried me. 
At what point do I break? 
How long will I last?
It nags at me still, whatever am I to do? 

This, I,  cannot last.
All that is left of me is a shadow of the past.

-rcc 
07/15/14 

No comments:

Post a Comment