Sunday, December 2, 2012

POETRY; 'I KNOW Autism'

'I KNOW Autism'

You do not see his face as he panics and shuts down.
His hands as they flap and spin, spin around.
You do not see him pace or flounder about.
So you would not know a STIM from a hole in the ground.
You do not go to the countless meetings, or see all his pain and misery.
Most definitely would not you see or know his sorrows.
A kind word would never hurt...
Just one encouragement to combat his pain.
YOU are forced to watch helpless as his teachers just pass and pass him along.
An IQ so high seems now forlorn.
I help and I help until I am just SO worn.
To bad this autism doesn't have a real voice...
But to ask "Why?" would not help it as it isn't like a choice.
I do wish autism was just an empty void...
You could fill it...
To the brink with such love,
A simple cure for a ...
Complexing...
Sorrowful...
Unique type of pain.
Then all my searches would not seem in vain.

R.C. Cardenas
10-22-12

No comments:

Post a Comment