Monday, December 10, 2012

POETRY; Ever Wonder Why?

"Ever Wonder Why?"

Do you ever wonder why you took away my dreams?
Only filling my head with so very many doubts.
Never nothing kind at all, except to say..."oh" or maybe "that's all?"
Something I thought was lacking in me...I know I have said that thrice and many times around.
Vastly gone in me; I could not see past YOUR truth's.
I realized why you so tormented me.

Obviously one day; I have awoken.
Never was it me; who would dash your feelings to the floor. Takes your hopes; I should have quoted "Nevermore."
Now I am just a shadow of a thing, floating by and by.
My spirit so yearns to be free from me, to fly.
A great and many times warned you, of when I would one day stop.
Nor care.
Oh how I tried and TRIED...so I did, only "I."

Yes, I now gather little hopes inside me, I never knew I had so many left.
I saw all these little blessings you see, now I am undone.
So I will take my boys so nearest and dearest to me; before they to, are left bereft.
Open doors always closed to me, now I know to walk through. Standing firm and just barely, before there's nothing left.
Do you ever wonder why you took my dreams and dashed them all about?
Why you choose to be absent to me; left me on my own.
Never allowed to ask any, "Why's?!"?
Or get answers to, "How was your day?"
Treated like a shadow, one who lives under a rock.
Never good for a response.
Bury me my soul you tried, stomped it to the ground.

Now my dreams are dreamy again.
One day I hope to fly.
Spirit come on back to me.
Spirit help me fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment